Imagine that you are doing a project on what pets are popular in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the table below).
Comment on the data in the table and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
The opinion poll question:
Which type(s) of pet(s) do you or your friends have?
Pet Ownership (%)
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem that can arise with a pet and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the importance of pets in people’s lives.
What to do with pets while on holiday (when you want to travel)?
Ask a friend (family member/ neighbour) to look after your pet or think about getting a pet sitter.
One standard option is placing pets in pet hotels (boarding kennels/ catteries) while you’re away.
Have your pet go to someone else’s place.
Make a vet appointment to seek medical care and treatment in response to symptoms.
Find a clinical animal behaviourist to help you deal with the problem(s).
The best strategy is to avoid or reduce exposure to the animal(s) as much as possible.
Keep pets outdoors.
Medications or other treatments may be necessary to relieve allergy symptoms.
Groom pets regularly with a fine toothed pet comb.
Sweep and vacuum daily.
Cover furniture with easy-wash slip-covers.
Provide your puppy with teething toys to chew.