Imagine that you are doing a project on what healthy diets are popular in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the bar chart below).
Comment on the data in the bar chart and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
- The Mediterranean Diet – 29%
- The Flexitarian Diet – 25%
- The DASH Diet – 22%
- The Weight Watchers (WW) Diet – 15%
- The Nordic Diet – 9%
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem that can arise with maintaining a healthy diet and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the importance of a healthy eating lifestyle in people’s lives.
People do not have enough time to eat properly (...do not have the opportunity to have a proper meal) because they are busy working, studying, looking after their children, etc.
A good (effective/ workable) solution is to prepare healthy snacks or to pack healthy lunches.
Healthy food (meal) delivery services (healthy food restaurants) could be an optimal solution. They offer wholesome premade lunches and dinners or ready-to-cook healthy meal kits.
Adjusting long-term habits of cooking and eating is difficult for many people.
(Part of) the solution involves incorporating small changes into one’s daily habits.
Using weight loss (weight maintenance) tools can help keep one motivated.
People may have difficulty avoiding unhealthy food at community venues and gatherings.
Eating a small meal before going to the occasion will make it easier to resist the temptation to eat unhealthy food.
Many people find it hard to maintain a healthy eating lifestyle due to easy access to unhealthy food (...the ubiquity of fast food shops and unhealthy snacks with prices more affordable than healthy food/ ...unhealthy food and packaged microwaveable food/ ...the prevalence of unhealthy meals).