Imagine that you are doing a project on what reasons to learn a foreign language young people have in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the bar chart below).
Comment on the data in the bar chart and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
The opinion poll question:
Why are you learning a foreign language?
Number of respondents (%)
to study abroad
to volunteer abroad
to have more job opportunities
to have a new challenge
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem that can arise with learning a foreign language and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the importance of learning foreign languages in the modern world.