Imagine that you are doing a project on parents’ career wishes for their children in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the pie chart below).
Comment on the data in the pie chart and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
The opinion poll question:
Which of these career fields do you wish for your children to pursue?
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem one can face choosing a career path and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the importance of the right career choice.
A big problem high schoolers (high-school students) can face choosing a career path is fear of not finding a passion to base their career on. Not every school-leaver recognizes their true passion and strengths. Many of them are confused and have no idea of what they want to do in the future. As a result, they choose a career based on more arbitrary things, such as family expectations, possible financial success, or trends.
One of the solutions is to take a gap year. / Many people advise taking a gap year. A gap year will allow school-leavers to gain some life experience that may help them find where their interests truly lie.