Imagine that you are doing a project on what video game consoles are popular among teenagers in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the bar chart below).
Comment on the data in the bar chart and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 28,5%
- Xbox One – 25,9%
- PlayStation 5 – 23%
- Xbox Series X – 14,6%
- Nintendo Switch – 8%
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem that can arise with playing video games and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the role of video games in teenagers’ lives.
Video games are addictive./ Video gaming is a harmful or addictive activity.
Video game-related health problems are a common problem./ Video game playing is associated with eye problems – extensive and fixed staring at a video game screen causes eyestrain.
Socializing virtually with other players replaces real-world friendships and connections.
A good solution is
• to keep the amount of time spent on gaming under control;
• to distract oneself in a healthy way during the day;
• to get professional help to manage one’s addiction;
• to join a support group for gaming addicts if one feels isolated;
• to try apps or extensions to block one’s access to video games.