Imagine that you are doing a project on where Zetland teenagers get their money from. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the table below).
Comment on the data in the table and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
The opinion poll question:
Where do you get your money from?
Number of respondents (%)
Savings (a money box)
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a money-related problem that can arise and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the importance of providing financial education in schools.
Solutions: prioritise needs over wants, and create a shopping list.
Solutions: create a budget, track expenses, and practise mindful spending by distinguishing between wants and needs.
Online and mobile payment-related identity theft and fraud
Solutions: safeguard personal information, monitor financial accounts regularly, and report suspicious activity immediately.
Lack of financial education
Solutions: provide (teenagers/ (young) people) with financial education, teach them about budgeting, saving, investing, and the basics of personal finance, encourage them to read books or take online courses on financial literacy.