Imagine that you are doing a project on why teenagers in Zetland choose to listen to music. You have found some data on the subject – the results of the opinion polls (see the table below).
Comment on the data in the table and give your opinion on the subject of the project.
The opinion poll question:
Why do you listen to music?
Number of respondents (%)
to reduce stress
to help them concentrate while studying
to help them pass the time
to get to sleep
Write 200-250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project;
– select and report 2–3 facts;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant and give your comments;
– outline a problem one can face listening to music and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving and explaining your opinion on the role of music in a teenager’s life.
Loud music can harm hearing (can cause hearing problems) over time, especially if one uses headphones or earbuds. The louder the sound, the quicker it can cause damage.
The best solution is to find a hearing care professional (to seek medical advice).